Fast Facts and Stats About Facebook (May 2012)
As Facebook prepares for its IPO on Friday, Matt Tatham at Experian Hitwise has shared a bunch of fast facts and stats about the social networking powerhouse according to Experian Hitwise Research.
Note: These facts/stats are U.S. only and do NOT include mobile access to Facebook.
Here’s some of what Matt has shared:
- Facebook.com received 9% of all US Internet visits in April 2012.
- 1 in every 5 page views in the US occurred on Facebook.com.
- The average visit time on Facebook.com is 20 minutes.
- The term ‘Facebook’ is the most searched term in the US and has been for the past three years, starting the week ending July 18, 2009.
- The top states where users are more likely to visit Facebook.com versus the online population are: West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, Arkansas, Iowa, Indiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama based on year-to-date average.
- 10 states account for 52% of visits to Facebook.com – California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina based on year-to-date average.
- Facebook.com is the top overall site in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. Facebook.com ranks 2nd in the UK, Brazil, France and Australia.
Even More Facts and Stats About Facebook in Matt’s Complete Blog Post
Filed under: News, Patrons and Users
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.