Recently released. Summary via IFLA.
EIFL, Electronic information for Libraries, released a new guide “Developing a Library Copyright Policy”. This guide is intended to highlight issues when a library is considering the creation of a copyright policy, whether on its own initiative or as part of a wider institutional policy on intellectual property. It considers how to go about drafting a policy and the elements that a library copyright policy might contain.
- What is a library copyright policy?
- Why do libraries have one?
- Do I need a copyright policy?
- Creating one
- What do other library copyright policies look like?
- Examples of FAQs
- How to go about drafting a library copyright policy
- Education and promotion
Direct to Guide: Developing a Library Copyright Policy