ALA's Committee on Accreditation Announces Recent Actions
The following actions were made at the ALA Midwinter 2012 Conference in Dallas.
From an ALA Announcement:
Continued accreditation status was granted to the following programs:
- Master of Library and Information Science offered by the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Master of Science offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Master of Library and Information Science offered by Kent State University.
- Master of Library and Information Science offered by Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
- Master of Library Science offered by St. John’s University.
The next comprehensive review visit at each institution is scheduled to occur in 2018.
Conditional accreditation status was granted to the following program:
- Master of Library Science offered by Queens College, City University of New York.
The next comprehensive review visit is scheduled to occur in 2014.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.