Statistics: Internet 2011 in Numbers
Another MASSIVE, interesting, and useful compilation of statistics/charts from Royal Pingdom. This time a review of 2011 numbers.
All stats are linked to their source.
Superb work, a keeper!
Here’s a very small taste of what you’ll find.
- 3.146 billion – Number of email accounts worldwide.27.6%
- Microsoft Outlook was the most popular email client
- 95.5 million – Number of .com domain names at the end of 2011.
- 13.8 million – Number of .net domain names at the end of 2011.
- 350 million – Number of Facebook users that log in to the service using their mobile phone.
- 225 million – Number of Twitter account
- 82.5% – Percentage of the U.S. Internet audience that viewed video online.
- 76.4% – YouTube’s share of the U.S. video website market (December 2011).
- 100 billion –Estimated number of photos on Facebook by mid-2011.
- 51 million – Total number of registered users on Flickr.
Direct to Internet 2011 in Numbers
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.