Another MASSIVE, interesting, and useful compilation of statistics/charts from Royal Pingdom. This time a review of 2011 numbers.
All stats are linked to their source.
Superb work, a keeper!
Here’s a very small taste of what you’ll find.
- 3.146 billion – Number of email accounts worldwide.27.6%
- Microsoft Outlook was the most popular email client
- 95.5 million – Number of .com domain names at the end of 2011.
- 13.8 million – Number of .net domain names at the end of 2011.
- 350 million – Number of Facebook users that log in to the service using their mobile phone.
- 225 million – Number of Twitter account
- 82.5% – Percentage of the U.S. Internet audience that viewed video online.
- 76.4% – YouTube’s share of the U.S. video website market (December 2011).
- 100 billion –Estimated number of photos on Facebook by mid-2011.
- 51 million – Total number of registered users on Flickr.
Direct to Internet 2011 in Numbers