Here’s a new app that might be of interest. It’s free to download and use. The iPhone app is available today with apps for Blackberry and Android to come.
From the Telenav Announcement:
[Scout is] the first daily personal navigator that will be seamlessly accessible across the web, smartphones, and in-car systems – offering users an easy and consistent discovery and navigation experience no matter where they are. Scout is available immediately on iPhones via the Apple App Store and at www.scout.me. Scout will also be available in cars later this year.
First available on the iPhone as a free app, Scout sets itself apart from other navigation and discovery services by providing personalized information on where to go, when to leave, how to get there, and things to do upon arrival.
Scout opens to My Dashboard, a customizable start screen that allows users to quickly get personalized, real-time commute times to work or home – as well as instant access to local search for easy discovery of new places and saved favorites.
Beyond My Dashboard, Scout provides personalized features that further address these needs for discovery and commuting, including:
- My Routes: Stress less and never get lost with reliable, award-winning Telenav turn-by-turn directions
- My Traffic: Avoid traffic jams with real-time traffic during daily commutes
- My Places: Discover great new places nearby or near a destination
- My Favorites: Remember that great hole-in-the-wall and save them to favorites
- My Music: Hear and control iPod tunes without ever leaving Scout
- My Devices: Use Scout on the phone, computer, or in the car
On the Web
Scout.me is a new site that gives people an opportunity to explore new places and events while still at their computers. On Scout.me, users can share favorite places with their friends or connect and make plans with friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Scout.me also allows users to save or organize favorite places and events online, which are automatically available when they launch Scout on their phone or when they use Scout in their car.
Read the Complete Announcement (Includes Stats from a Recent Telenav Survey)
See Also: Scout Promo Video (via CNET)