Amazon Updates Kindle For Mac App With Support for "Book Extras", Print Replica, and Your PDF Files
We just noticed that the Kindle For Mac app has been updated with support for some new features.
Here’s a List of What’s New in Version 1.8.1 (via iTunes App Store):
- Support for Lion, including Lion’s full-screen mode.
- Support for collections allows you to take control of your Kindle library and organize your books with ease.
- Book Extras by Shelfari. Access character descriptions, important places, popular quotations, themes, and book-specific glossaries from Shelfari, the community-powered encyclopedia for book-lovers.
- Support for Kindle Print Replica content, which look like the corresponding print book with words and images in the position corresponding to the print edition.
- Support for reading most PDF files within the Kindle application, including functionality such as zoom and pan, highlighting, note taking, dictionary lookup, and bookmarks.
- Support for additional languages.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.