Roundup: Reports and Materials from DPLA Plenary and Workstream Meetings
Here’s a roundup of a few reports and other items posted after the DPLA Plenary concluded last Friday.
INFOdocket was also at the meeting and will share a few thoughts very soon. We’ve also included a number of related items (links, notes, speeches, video, etc.).
1. “A National Digital Public Library Begins to Take Shape” by Jennifer Howard
The Chronicle of Higher Education
2. “DPLA: Hope and Effort” by Peter Brantley
3. The DPLA Muster by Eric Hellman
Go to Hellman
4. “Digital Library Nearly Online”
5. Archivist of the United States on Digital Public Library of America Plenary
5. “My Day at DPLA – Part 1” and My Day at DPLA – Part 2
by Eric S. Riley
Librarian Exploring the Future
6. First DPLA Plenary Meeting Comes to a Close
by Rebekah Heacock
DP.LA Web Site
- Graphic Notes (You Can See One at the Beginning of the COHE Article)
- A Total of Seven Graphic Notes are Available.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.