Scholarly Publishing: Mobile: Royal Society of Chemistry Launches Mobile App
Available for iOS today. Android app coming in early 2012.
From the RSC Web Site:
The Royal Society of Chemistry has launched a free mobile app that is now available on iTunes.
RSC Mobile provides readers with access to search RSC journal content from the RSC Publishing Platform.
Users at any institution or organisation that currently subscribe to RSC journals can access the same content on the RSC Mobile app using its wireless network.
The benefits of RSC Mobile include:
- Up-to-the-minute access to RSC journals;
- Full text HTML and PDF access via wireless networks for subscribing institutions/organisations;
- The latest news from the RSC Publishing Platform;
- Saving articles for offline reading;
- Share your favourite content via email, Twitter or Facebook.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.