Scholarly Publishing: Taylor & Francis Online Goes Mobile!
Taylor & Francis Online Mobile [access to 1600 titles] allows users to access knowledge via iPhone, Android, Blackberry and tablet devices.
This new service is free to use, and offers the following benefits to users:
- Readers are able to link to their institution’s content via a quick and easy pairing process, as explained in our video demo;
- The interface is optimized to allow browsing, reading and searching – making the most of smaller screens by using HTML 5;
- Users are able to login and share links to content via social networks and email;
- They can also create their own favorites list which is simultaneously saved on Taylor & Francis Online.
- Clearly identified branding
Getting started on Taylor & Francis Online Mobile involves simply typing the url www.tandfonline.com into the browser of a mobile device. There is also help and instructions available to get users started at http://www.tandfonline.com/page/help/mobile.
Taylor & Francis Mobile is a mobile optimized website often referred to as a ‘web app’. You do not need to go to an ‘app store’ to obtain the mobile version simply open the browser.
The mobile site works on the following versions of Android, iPhone and Blackberry:
- iPhone and iPod devices running OS 3.2 or later
- iPad 3.2.2 or later
- Android 2.2 or later
- BlackBerry OS 6 (including the Torch 9800)
- BlackBerry Tablet OS devices (including PlayBook)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.