Now available online. Free.
- 62% of the UK population said they went to the cinema at least once a year, up from 60% in 2009
- Women made up 12% (17% in 2009) of the screenwriters of UK films released in the UK in 2010 and 13% (17% in 2009) of the directors.
- In 2009/10, £21 million was spent on education, young people and lifelong learning by the national and regional screen agencies, up from £19 million in 2007/08.
- There were 4,252 students enrolled in higher education film studies courses in 2009/10, an increase of 273% on 2002/03.
- 392 moving image education providers were operating in the UK in 2011; nearly one quarter were production companies and one-fifth were venues.
- Online video rental of feature films accounted for 56% of all rental transactions of feature films in 2010.
- The total Video on Demand and near-Video on Demand (nVoD) film market was estimated to be worth £159 million in 2010, up 22% on 2009.