ARL Executive Director Charles B. Lowry to Retire December 2012
Charles B. Lowry has announced that he will retire from his position as Executive Director of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) at the end of December 2012. By announcing his retirement plans now, Lowry provides the ARL Board of Directors with time for a search and a seamless transition of leadership.
- gained three new members—University of Calgary, University of Ottawa, and the US National Archives and Records Administration;
- renewed its strategic plan twice;
- led the reshaping of the Library Copyright Alliance;
- navigated the difficult economic downturn that began in 2008;
- expanded ARL’s Public Policies capacity, a vital strategic direction; and
- conducted successful searches to replace three highly accomplished senior staff essential to the Association’s mission.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.