Beta: "New United States Code Website from House Law Revision Counsel"
Now there is about to be another option from the Office of the Law Revision Counsel, which is currently in beta testing. The Office of the Law Revision Counsel is seeking comments from the public on this new version.
The website, now released as public beta for testing and feedback, is available on twowebsites. I’ve been trying it out for a couple of days now and am really enjoying the new format, especially the browse format of the front page.
Some key features of the new website are:
- A new search engine for Code data
- An expanding “Table of Contents” style browse of the Code
- A simple search facility for quickly accessing specific Code sections or performing simple word or phrase searches
- An advanced search facility for sophisticated searching of Code content using delimiters such as field or Code hierarchy restrictions, Boolean logic, and case sensitive searches
- An improved display of search results and Code documents
- Cite Checker, a new tool that enables quick checking of specific Code sections for recent amendments
- Easy access to USCprelim, an advance posting of the next online version of the Code
- New explanatory material about the Code and the functions of the Office
Prospective features include:
- Ability to search previous versions of the Code
- Ability to search USCprelim
- Enhanced internal and external links
Read the Complete In Custodia Legis Blog Post
Direct to Database (Available via Two URLs)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.