Metadata: "DublinCore: First RDA Vocabularies Published"
The Joint Steering Committee for Development of RDA(JSC), the DCMI/RDA Task Group, and ALA Publishing(on behalf of the co-publishers of RDA) are pleased to announce that the first group of RDA controlled vocabularies have been reviewed, approved, and their status in the Open Metadata Registry (OMR) changed to ‘published.’
This status change, from ‘new-proposed’ to ‘published’ signals that the final steps have begun in reviewing the work of the DCMI/RDA Task Group and ensuring that the RDA vocabularies (both elements and controlled vocabularies/concepts) are available in a stable form for the builders of applications. Additional reviews of the controlled vocabularies are in progress, with the parties involved expecting to finalize that group before starting on the element vocabularies. Both groups of vocabularies should be complete by the end of 2011, but developers and others should expect to see rolling announcements as reviews are completed.
- RDA Aspect Ratio (http://rdvocab.info/termLIst/AspectRatio)
- RDA Form of Musical Notation (http://rdvocab.info/termList/MusNotation)
- RDA Form of Notated Music (http://metadataregistry.org/uri/FormatNoteMus)
- RDA Layout of Cartographic Images (http://rdvocab.info/termList/layoutCartoImage)
- RDA Mode of Issuance (http://rdvocab.info/termLIst/ModeIssue)
- RDA Other Distinguishing Characteristic of the Expression of a Legal Work
- RDA Production Method for Tactile Resource (http://rdvocab.info/termList/prodTactile)
- RDA Reduction Ratio (http://rdvocab.info/termLIst/RDAReductionRatio)
- RDA Scale (http://metadataregistry.org/uri/scale)
- RDA Sound Content (http://rdvocab.info/termList/soundCont)
- RDA Status of Identification (http://rdvocab.info/termList/statIdentification)
All the RDA vocabularies can be viewed in the OMR by using this page: http://metadataregistry.org/rdabrowse.htm. Those interested in following the work of review and publication of the vocabularies can subscribe to the Registry RSS feeds linked from that page. Questions on the OMR can be conveyed using the ‘Feedback’ link on each Registry page.
Read the Complete E-Mail Announcement
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.