Overview: "A Brand New Look for PubMed Central"
From a National Library of Medicine Tech Bulletin Article by Maria Fogelman:
Like PubMed and Bookshelf, PubMed Central (PMC) has undergone a facelift or more accurately, an “interface”-lift, to not only enhance its overall look and feel but also provide users with easier access to PMC resources and information.
Specific improvements include:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits page
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
The article includes loads of screenshots as you take a look at what’s new/changed to the UX.
Read the Complete Article
Filed under: Libraries, National Libraries, News, Patrons and Users
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.