Overview: "A Brand New Look for PubMed Central"
Like PubMed and Bookshelf, PubMed Central (PMC) has undergone a facelift or more accurately, an “interface”-lift, to not only enhance its overall look and feel but also provide users with easier access to PMC resources and information.
Specific improvements include:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits page
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
The article includes loads of screenshots as you take a look at what’s new/changed to the UX.
Read the Complete Article
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.