Like PubMed and Bookshelf, PubMed Central (PMC) has undergone a facelift or more accurately, an “interface”-lift, to not only enhance its overall look and feel but also provide users with easier access to PMC resources and information.
Specific improvements include:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits page
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
The article includes loads of screenshots as you take a look at what’s new/changed to the UX.
Read the Complete Article