The Official Google Blog has a new post titled, “Evolving the Google Design and Experience” that formally introduces the new look that’s now visible for many of you on the Google homepage and on results pages for a few core services. It will be rolled out to other Google sites and services in the coming months.
- Logo on Google homepage is smaller
- Links moved to the top and bottom edges of the browser for a cleaner look
- Google will have a seamless look over all platforms
- “Combine power with simplicity” is Google’s design philosophy
- Use of “bolder colors” for actionable buttons or keeping navigation buttons hidden until they’re actually needed
Read more about Google’s new look.
What about the new look Google mobile and Google Maps? Alex Chitu provides an overview on his Google Operating System blog.
One quick comment. We think placing a link to the introductory blog post be useful somewhere on redesigned pages. In other words, placing the info (or a link to it) where the typical user will find it is important. While many of us follow the search world closely and read the Google blog regularly a lot of users don’t.