The 96% number is one of many interesting findings in a new report from Bank Of America Merrill Lynch about how American’s use Facebook and other social networking services. If the 96% is off to some degree (it likely is in our view) the number would still be amazing.
The complete report is not online but Business Insider provides access to 18 chart from the document.
Who was surveyed?
“BofA surveyed 418 U.S. consumers under the age of 50 and says survey participants ‘roughly resemble’ the U.S. population.”
- The majority of people are checking their Facebook profiles daily
- The biggest worry for Facebook users is privacy and how data is used
- 39% of users have over 200 friends on Facebook
- Facebook usage is increasing (51% reported their using the service more this year vs. last)
- Worrisome for Google? 25% of Facebook users posed a question to their friends that they would have used Google for
This article points out how Bank of America might have handled that those under the age of 13 are not allowed to use the service although some report that although Facebook doesn’t allow it in their user rules, their are users under the age of 13.