The World Digital Library is Now Tweeting and More About the WDL
A Hello to the World Digital Library on Twitter!
If you’re unfamiliar with the WDL here are a few fast facts and links:
- Here’s Dr. Billington’s speech from June, 2005 at Georgetown University where a World Digital Library is first publicly proposed.
- On November 22, 2005 the project is launched. At the same time Google becomes the WDL’s first private-sector financial contributor donating $3 million dollars. Here’s a list of financial contributors (as of today).
- 119 members (Primarily Libraries and Archives)
- A Few of the WDL’s 119 Members Include LC, NARA, Smithsonian Institution, British Library, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, The Royal Library (Denmark), and, Russian State Library
- Database Provides Access to 1575 Items (Additions are Made Regularly)
See Also: World Digital Library FAQ
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.