Preservation Week 2011 is Underway!
UPDATE: Webinar: Protecting Future Access Now: Models for Preserving Digitized Books and Other Content at Cultural Heritage Organizations
This webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 2pm EDST; 11am PDST. Amy Kirchhoff, the Archive Service Product Manager at Portico will be the presenter.
Key Web Pages
- Official Preservation Week Page (via ALA)
- Preservation Week Facebook Page
- Preservation Week Hashtag: #preswk
List of 2010 Preservation Week Events
Two Free Webinars Are Planned:
- April 26 — Accidents Happen: Protecting & Saving Family Treasures with Nancy Kraft
- April 28 — Preserving Your Personal Digital Memories with Bill LeFurgy
Preservation Week Partners
- ALCTS | Preservation and Reformatting Section
- Library of Congress
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- Society of American Archivists
- Heritage Preservation
- Archival Products | Archival Products NEWS
- FamilyArchives.com | Preservation Week coupon
- Gaylord | more
- The HF Group
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.