Happy National Library Week!
National Library Week 2011 is Underway!
INFOdocket wishes everyone a wonderful NLW 2011!
We will be sharing NLW and library/librarian related resources throughout the week.
We will begin with the following items:
- Video: National Library Week Honorary Chairman John Grisham Talks Shares Some Library and Librarians Stories
- Video: Quotes About Libraries
- A Searchable Database of Library Related Quotes Provided by the Association for Library Trustees and Advocates (ALTA)
- Authors For Libraries Web Page
“Authors for Libraries” is a collaborative effort that grew from an idea presented by Marilyn Johnson, author of “This Book is Overdue! How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All.” Johnson spoke during ALTAFF’s Gala Author Tea event during the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Boston, Mass., earlier this year. With libraries around the country experiencing significant budget cuts as a result of the current economy, Johnson expressed a desire to find a way to connect authors with libraries and library supporters to encourage authors to advocate for libraries on the local, state and national level. “Libraries have always been there for me. Of course I’ll stand up for them,” said Johnson. Read Marilyn Johnson’s op-ed in the L.A. Times about public libraries.
- Marilyn Johnson’s Personal Web Site and the website for her book “This Book is Overdue! How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All.”
- “Look Inside” the Book (Search or Browse) via Amazon.com.
- Read a Small Portion of the Book (as determined by the Publisher) Online
Filed under: Associations and Organizations, Libraries, National Libraries, Public Libraries, Publishing
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.