HathiTrust Has Posted Their March, 2011 Activities Update
- TRAC Certification
- Open Webinar
- IMLS Quality Grant
You’ll also read about HT developing a print holdings database. Here’s a part of the post:
HathiTrust has been working to design and populate a database of information representing the print holdings of all partner institutions. This database will serve a number of important functions:
- It will support analysis of the overlap of institutions’ print holdings with digital holdings in HathiTrust – this information is required in order to implement the new financial model.
- It will form a foundation for the expansion of legal uses of materials in HathiTrust (e.g. services to users with print disabilities) by partner institutions.
- It will facilitate collaborative collection development and management operations.
To date, approximately 119.5 million rows of data have been received from partners, with each row representing one copy of a single volume monographic print item that is (or previously was) held at a partner institution.
Also Included in the Update:
- An Ingest Update
- Reports from Working Groups
- Development Updates
- April Forecast
- HathiTrust Technology Spotlight
Number of volumes added during March, 2011
|Library of Congress||1,093||182,988|
|New York Public Library||126||258,691|
|Penn State University||1,824||38,998|
|University of California||62,804||2,367,215|
|The University of Chicago||1,945||5,172|
|University of Illinois||73||14,501|
|University of Madrid||2,774||88,311|
|University of Michigan||15,038||4,318,394|
|University of Minnesota||4,068||83,566|
|University of Wisconsin||12,206||443,370|
|Yale University Library||21||161|
Public Domain (~26%)
* This count includes volumes already in the repository to which rights holders have newly opened access
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.