- TRAC Certification
- Open Webinar
- IMLS Quality Grant
You’ll also read about HT developing a print holdings database. Here’s a part of the post:
HathiTrust has been working to design and populate a database of information representing the print holdings of all partner institutions. This database will serve a number of important functions:
- It will support analysis of the overlap of institutions’ print holdings with digital holdings in HathiTrust – this information is required in order to implement the new financial model.
- It will form a foundation for the expansion of legal uses of materials in HathiTrust (e.g. services to users with print disabilities) by partner institutions.
- It will facilitate collaborative collection development and management operations.
To date, approximately 119.5 million rows of data have been received from partners, with each row representing one copy of a single volume monographic print item that is (or previously was) held at a partner institution.
Also Included in the Update:
- An Ingest Update
- Reports from Working Groups
- Development Updates
- April Forecast
- HathiTrust Technology Spotlight
Number of volumes added during March, 2011
|Library of Congress||1,093||182,988|
|New York Public Library||126||258,691|
|Penn State University||1,824||38,998|
|University of California||62,804||2,367,215|
|The University of Chicago||1,945||5,172|
|University of Illinois||73||14,501|
|University of Madrid||2,774||88,311|
|University of Michigan||15,038||4,318,394|
|University of Minnesota||4,068||83,566|
|University of Wisconsin||12,206||443,370|
|Yale University Library||21||161|
Public Domain (~26%)
* This count includes volumes already in the repository to which rights holders have newly opened access