The symposium took place in Berkeley, CA and was sponsored by the UC Berkeley Center for Law and Technology (BCLT)
Links to PPT slides for many presenters are now available and have been added to the agenda.
Links to three white papers that were released by BCLT prior to the event are linked here.
- Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive
- Kenneth Crews, Columbia University
- Eric Schwartz, National Film Preservation Foundation/National Jukebox Project
- Alan Adler. Association of American Publishers
- James Grimmelmann, New York Law School
- Randal Picker, University of Chicago Law School
- Frederic Haber, Copyright Clearance Center
Peter Brantley from The Internet Archive was in attendance and reports in this Publisher’s Weekly post, “Serving a public that knows how to copy: orphan works and mass digitization”
Audio from the event should be available later this week.