From the American Cancer Society:
The American Cancer Society has launched a new web tool to make it easier for reporters, the public, and those involved in the cancer fight to find and share cancer statistics.
The Cancer Statistics Center uses data from the Society’s annual Cancer Facts & Figures report and Cancer Statistics article (published in CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians), as well as much, much more data, to create a comprehensive interactive resource to help the public learn about the cancer burden in the United States.
It provides detailed statistics on a range of topics including:
- Estimated new cancer cases and deaths by sex, state, and cancer type in the current year
- Current cancer incidence, mortality, and survival rates and trends for individual cancer sites
- Risk factors (e.g.: smoking, obesity) and screening rates by state
The website can be used to:
- View and download maps, graphs, and charts
- Create custom downloadable maps, graphs, and charts
- Export data to Excel
- Share specific statistics that are important to readers