The National Digital Platform was the focus at a recent Institute of and Library Services (IMLS) event held on April 28, 2015 at the District of Columbia Public Library.
This event featured a who’s who of library world VIPs speaking on several panels. Closing remarks were shared by David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States.
Video recordings of the event were posted on YouTube earlier today and are embedded below.
- President’s FY 2016 Budget Request Includes Increased Funding To Support National Digital Platform (February 5, 2015)
Now, to the video!
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Speaker: Richard Reyes-Gavilan, Executive Director, DC Public Library
- Introduced by: Maura Marx, Acting Director, IMLS
Defining and Funding the National Digital Platform
- Moderator: Trevor Owens, Senior Program Officer, IMLS
- Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer, National Endowment for the Humanities
- Amy Garmer, Director, Aspen Institute Dialogue on Public Libraries
- James G. Neal, University Librarian Emeritus, Columbia University
The State of Distributed National Capacity
- Moderator: Tom Scheinfeldt, Associate Professor, University of Connecticut
- Dan Cohen, Executive Director, Digital Public Library of America
- Evelyn McLellan, President, Artefactual Systems Inc.
- Sibyl Schaefer, Digital Preservation Analyst, University of California, San Diego
- James Shulman, President, ARTstor
Gaps in Distributed National Digital Capacity
- Moderator: Katherine Skinner, Executive Director, Educopia Institute
- Karen Cariani, Director, WGBH Media Library and Archives, WGBH Educational Foundation
- Sebastian Chan, Director, Digital & Emerging Technologies, Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum,
- Mike Furlough, Executive Director, HathiTrust
- Clifford Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information
Focus on eBooks
- Micah May, Director of Business Development, New York Public Library
- Mary Minow, National Museum & Library Services Board Member
Scaling up Practice
- Moderator: Deanna Marcum, Managing Director, Ithaka S+R
- Mary Flanagan, Professor, Dartmouth College
- Jon Voss, Director, Strategic Partnerships, Historypin
- Anne Wootton, CEO, Pop Up Archive
- Trevor Muñoz, Assistant Dean, University of Maryland Libraries
Cultivating Digital Library Professionals
- Moderator: John Palfrey, President, Board of Directors, Digital Public Library of America
- Andromeda Yelton, Owner, Small Beautiful Useful, LLC
- Bethany Nowviskie, Director, Digital Library Federation, Council on Library and Information Resources
- Kim Schroeder, Lecturer, Wayne State University, School of Library and Information Science
- Margo Padilla, Strategic Programs Manager, Metropolitan New York Library Council
- Speaker: David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States