Free to listen/participate but registration is required. The series consists of two webinars that will take place on Tuesday, August 18 and Tuesday, August 26.
The webinars are being produced by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region.
Details From the National Library of Medicine Technical Bulletin:
- 1. The NIH Public Access Policy – Information for Librarians
- Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Time: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
Dr. Neil Thakur, National Institutes of Health
- Kathryn Funk, National Library of Medicine
We will discuss the following topics:
- Review basics of the public access policy, and the role of librarians;
- Present the Public Access Compliance Monitor;
- Answer questions about the policy sent to us in advance via the online registration form;
- Address issues and questions raised during the Webinar.
Register at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/269124766.
Space is limited, so reserve your seat now!
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Logistics for this Webinar, including additional questions, comments and feedback may be sent to: OERwebinars@mail.nih.gov.
- 2. The NIH Public Access Policy – Views from the Library Trenches
- Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
- Emily Mazure, Duke University Medical Center Library
- Susan Steelman and Jessie Casella, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Library
- Scott Lapinski, Harvard University, Countway Library of Medicine
You have heard the specifics of the NIH Policy. Now find out how librarians are responding to the need to get researchers up to speed on compliance with the policy. Join us to find out the following:
- What strategies librarians are using to support their communities. What’s worked; and what hasn’t;
- How to get started, and which groups to work with at your institution;
- What tools librarians can use to help researchers and improve compliance rates;
- How librarians can work with each other to improve outcomes.
This Webinar will feature presentations from three libraries with experience on the ground helping researchers with the NIH Public Access Policy, followed by a Q&A with the audience. The presenters will discuss their unique approaches in the trenches of supporting and providing outreach on the policy.
Join this Webinar at https://webmeeting.nih.gov/npap
Participation limited to 125 connections, so please consider group viewing.
For telephone audio, dial 1-800-605-5167, and enter participant code: 816440
See Also: NIH Public Access Policy