A recently released statistical report from the National Center for Health Statistics, CDC.
- Nearly all (98.5%) youth aged 12–15 reported watching TV daily.
- More than 9 in 10 (91.1%) youth aged 12–15 reported using the computer daily outside of school.
- In 2012, 27.0% of youth aged 12–15 had 2 hours or less of TV plus computer use daily.
- Among youth aged 12–15, girls (80.4%) were more likely to use the computer 2 hours or less daily when compared with boys (69.4%).
- Fewer non-Hispanic black youth aged 12–15 (53.4%) reported watching 2 hours or less of TV daily than non-Hispanic white (65.8%) and Hispanic (68.7%) youth.
This report presents national estimates of TV watching and computer use outside of the school day.