The Europeana Newspapers promo video embedded below was released in the past week.
Fast Facts About Europeana Newspapers
- Funded under the European Commission’s CIP 2007 – 2013 programme;
- A three-year project, running until January 2015;
- Aggregating 18 million historic newspaper pages for Europeana and The European Library;
- Converting 10 million newspaper pages to full text. This will help users quickly search for specific articles, people and locations mentioned within the newspaper;
- Creating a special content viewer to improve online newspaper browsing.
- Building tools that will allow professionals to better assess the quality of newspaper digitisation in relation to level of detail, speed and costs.
Direct to Europeana Newspapers Search Prototype
Direct to Project Blog
- Make Digital Newspapers Easier To Search
- Put Digital Newspapers Within Everyone’s Reach
- Create Tools That Help Experts To Assess Quality
- Assemble An Overview Of Newspaper Digitisation In Europe
- Create Best-Practice Recommendations For Newspaper Metadata
- Raise Awareness Through Workshops and Information Days
See Also: Europeana Newspapers Project Now Includes Content From Eight Data Partners (Over 1 Million Issues Now Searchable Online)
From April 22, 2014.