The 2014 LITA Top Technology Trends session took place today in Las Vegas.
A video recording is now available online and embedded below (via YouTube).
This year’s panel featured eight people well-known and highly respected in the library/info world. What follows is the list of panelists and the top trend they identified and discussed.
- Nadaleen F. Tempelman-Kluit (Moderator)
- Jason Griffey (Open hardware)
- Ranti Junus (Data and digital assets management)
- Bohyun Kim (Bio-hackerspace & the DIYbio movement)
- David Lee King (Mobile First Philosophy)
- Roger Schonfeld (Anticipatory discovery for current awareness of new publications)
- Ken Varnum (Personally-tuned discovery system)
- Mita Williams (One-click install server software: new realms)
Bios and twitter handles of each panelist can be accessed here.
Note: If you’re interested in comparing the 2014 top trends with what was discussed during the Top Technology Trends 2013 session (a panel I had the honor of appearing on) a video recording is also available online.