The company also said that ore than half of the proposals coming from outside the U.S.
Six projects will receive Twitter data to help with their research.
The Projects Receiving Data:
- Harvard Medical School / Boston Children’s Hospital (US): Foodborne Gastrointestinal Illness Surveillance using Twitter Data
- NICT (Japan): Disaster Information Analysis System
- University of Twente (Netherlands): The Diffusion And Effectiveness of Cancer Early Detection Campaigns on Twitter
- UCSD (US): Do happy people take happy images? Measuring happiness of cities
- University of Wollongong (Australia): Using GeoSocial Intelligence to Model Urban Flooding in Jakarta, Indonesia
- University of East London (UK): Exploring the relationship between Tweets and Sports Team Performance