The WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) Standing Committee on Copyright & Related Rights (SCCR) began discussing copyright exceptions for libraries and archives during negotiations that began today at WIPO HQ in Geneva, Switzerland.
The negotiations will continue for two more days (Dec. 19th and Dec. 20th).
The library and archives community are being represented by:
- Scottish Council on Archives (SCA)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Karisma Foundation (Colombia)
- International Council of Archives (ICA)
- Canadian Library Association
Statements and Reports
- IFLA has posted this overview.
- Also available from IFLA is a blog post from earlier today (as the negotiations got underway).
- Manon Ress from Knowledge Economy International has posted the statements from of the several organizations listed above in this KEI roundup.
- You can access all of the documents from this meeting on this web page.
Live and On-Demand Video Streams
A live stream of the negotiations is available. Head to this page and use the event password: sccr26.
Geneva is GMT+1
This page also provides access to a live stream as well as on-demand recordings of each session.
Updates From Knowledge Economy International