Stats were shared by Dan Cohen, DPLA Executive Director, during a Board of Directors call earlier this week.
[Dan] Cohen provided an update on DPLA activity since the site launched on April 18. The DPLA has had over 360,000 unique visitors, 3 million page views, and over 1.5 million API calls. The response to the site has been overwhelmingly positive, he noted.
More News from Meeting Notes
- Time Magazine named the DPLA site a top 50 website of 2013
- “Cohen noted a positive response from the Gates Foundation regarding a potential grant.”
- “Cohen highlighted the DPLA’s need of technical funding in the near-term, as he would like to hire an in-house technical staff to manage the project’s technical development.”
- “Following the launch, Cohen has found many institutions coming to him, allowing the DPLA to expand its slate of partners in due time.”
- DPLA has a meeting scheduled with HathiTrust