Interesting and informative content (in two slide decks) from a very impressive set of presenters.
If you have an interest in ebooks and libraries these slide decks are absolutely worth reviewing and sharing.
NISO’s “EPUB3 and the Future of Interoperable E-books: What Libraries Need to Know” Virtual Conference took place on April 17, 2013.
- Sue Polanka, Head, Reference & Instruction, Wright State University Libraries
- EPUB and Metadata – Bill Kasdorf, Vice President, APEX
- NISO/DAISY Interchange Format Update – Matt Garrish, Accessibility Consultant; Editor of the Z39.98 and EPUB 3 Specifications
- Annotation of E-books: A NISO standard in development Dan Whaley, Founder, hypothesis.is
- Identification of E-books – Laura Dawson, Product Manager, Bowker
- BISG’s EPUB3 Support Grid – Angela Bole, Deputy Executive Director, BISG
- Implementing an E-book System – Joanne M. Budler, State Librarian, State Library of Kansas
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) – Jim Dovey, Digital Content Formats Evangelist, Kobo
- Future of EPUB – George Kerscher, Secretary General DAISY Consortium, and President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)