This thomson Reuters report is the first in a series to describe research fronts and their application in research management and science policy making. in this first report, we present 100 top-ranked fronts for 2013 across 10 broad areas in the sciences and social sciences. these fronts represent areas of current focus and are key fields to watch in 2013. they point to hot areas that may not otherwise be readily identified, even by some of the research institutions at the center of the action for a given front.
The study analyzes highly cited research papers between 2007 and 2012.
These “research fronts” were determined by tracking scientific literature citations that clustered around a group of highly-cited core papers.
Areas Covered in the Report
- Agricultural, Plant, and Animal Sciences
- Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering
- Economics, Psychology, and other Social Sciences