New from IFLA’s (International Federation of Library Associations) FIAFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression).
The new Spotlight report is titled “Data driven futures – censorship takes new forms” and was written by Päivikki Karhula, a researcher from the School of Information Sciences, from the University of Tampere, Finland.
Topics Covered Include:
- Freedom of speech and censorship – project
- Surveillance and censorship intertwined
- Who controls the internet?
- Paradoxes of democracy
- Big media – concentration, globalization and user data
- Media redefined
- Big data
- Information regime and respect for the user
- Additional information & contacts
- Project on social media