As Facebook prepares for its IPO on Friday, Matt Tatham at Experian Hitwise has shared a bunch of fast facts and stats about the social networking powerhouse according to Experian Hitwise Research.
Note: These facts/stats are U.S. only and do NOT include mobile access to Facebook.
Here’s some of what Matt has shared:
- Facebook.com received 9% of all US Internet visits in April 2012.
- 1 in every 5 page views in the US occurred on Facebook.com.
- The average visit time on Facebook.com is 20 minutes.
- The term ‘Facebook’ is the most searched term in the US and has been for the past three years, starting the week ending July 18, 2009.
- The top states where users are more likely to visit Facebook.com versus the online population are: West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, Arkansas, Iowa, Indiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama based on year-to-date average.
- 10 states account for 52% of visits to Facebook.com – California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina based on year-to-date average.
- Facebook.com is the top overall site in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. Facebook.com ranks 2nd in the UK, Brazil, France and Australia.