Make Data Count (MDC) is a scholarly change initiative, made up of researchers and open infrastructure experts, building and advocating for evidence-based open data metrics. Throughout MDC’s tenure, various areas key to the development of research data assessment metrics have been identified. Please join a Spring seminar and discussion series centered around priority work areas, adjacent initiatives to learn from, and steps that can be taken immediately to drive diverse research communities towards assessment and reward for open data. The first webinar titled “FORAGE: the hunt for existing data citations” will focus on the issue of finding and aggregating citations, how we can extend open citation initiatives to data, and how we can get known citations into a centralized open place.
- Matt Buys (Executive Director of DataCite
- Danielle Lowenberg (California Digital Library)
- Stephanie van de Sandt (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Carly Robinson (US Department of Energy, OSTI)
- Silvio Peroni (Open Citations)
- Julia Lane (Coleridge Initiative)
Direct to Video + Links to Slides