Sponsored by PressReader, the IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award is presented by the IFLA Section on Management and Marketing, Now in its 18th year, this award honours organizations that implement creative, results-oriented marketing projects or campaigns.
The top three winners are:
2. The City Libraries of Jinan (China): Quancheng Study – “Delivery” Buddies Post
3. LGMA / Libraries Ireland (Ireland): Your Library – Take a Closer Look
Monash University and Penn State University share 1st place for their Great Rare Books Bake Off, a friendly competition that engaged their communities by inviting participants to bake featured recipes from their collections and post to social media. The project provided an enjoyable, creative outlet during the pandemic. The 1st place winner receives 3000€ towards purchasing new technology
The City Libraries of Jinan (China) is the 2nd place winner for Quancheng Study – “Delivery Buddies” Post. This program helps library service delivery workers by understanding patrons’ needs and offering reading resources in a multi-functional manner. The 2nd place winner receives 2000€ towards purchasing new technology.
LGMA / Libraries Ireland (Ireland) takes 3rd place for their campaign, Your Library – Take a Closer Look. This national campaign promoted Irish public libraries by encouraging everyone to “take a closer look” at the modern and innovative library services on offer. The 3rd place winner receives 1500€ towards purchasing new technology.
Submissions were received from all over the world, with entries from Australia, Belarus, Brazil, China, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Nigeria, Poland, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United States, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Norway. Applications were selected based upon criteria that demonstrated innovative and original project marketing strategies. The top ten entries include the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners and seven unique projects.
“We hope that libraries around the world will learn from and be inspired by these award winners,” says Anya Feltreuter, chair of the IFLA Section on Management and Marketing. “With such diversity of projects and campaigns, we think most library organisations can find something useful regardless of their budget size or target audience.”
Along with the top three winners, the next seven organizations and their marketing campaigns are recognized for their innovative and creative approaches to marketing (in alphabetical order):
- Centralized Library System of Moscow District (Russia): “Big Bang” Exhibition Space
- Ghana Book Development Council (Ghana): Learn to Read; Read to Learn
- Morgantown Public Library (USA): A Wild and Weird Calendar Fundraiser: Raising Money for a Good Claws
- Pikes Peak Library District (USA): All You Need Is Your Library
- Public Library Cultural Center (Colombia): Maker20 – Communication in the Library has no limits!
- Shanghai Library (China): My Battle against Covid-19, Online Pop Up Reading Marathon
- Wenzhou Library (China): The Comics of Wenzhou Library
For more info, visit their Wikipedia page
Winners of IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award 2021 Announced
Filed by July 14, 2021on