Urban Libraries Council (ULC) Announces New Executive Board Officers and Members
The Urban Libraries Council elected its 2021-2022 Executive Board during its Annual Member Business Meeting held virtually earlier today. Newly named ULC Executive Board officers, who will serve one-year terms, include:
- Dr. Mary J. Wardell-Ghirarduzzi (President, San Francisco Public Library Commission; Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, University of the Pacific) as Chair
- Karl Dean (Former Mayor, Nashville) as Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect
- J. Brandon Neal (Trustee, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library; Senior Vice President and Deputy Chief Legal Officer for Novant Health) as Secretary/Treasurer
- Richard Reyes-Gavilan (Executive Director, DC Public Library) as Immediate Past Chair
Following today’s election, the ULC Executive Board also welcomed five new members who will be serving two-year terms:
- Dr. Michele Bria (CEO, Journey House; Trustee, Milwaukee Public Library)
- Joey Crawford (Senior Media Consultant, Cox Media Group and CMG Health Marketing; Board Director, Broward Public Library Foundation)
- Dr. Patrick Dowd (COO, Allegheny County Health Department; Board Chair, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh)
- Pilar Martinez (CEO, Edmonton Public Library)
- Meghann Silverthorn (Trustee, Douglas County Libraries)
“The importance of strong leadership cannot be overstated in the current climate of rapid change and extreme challenges facing libraries and the communities we serve. ULC is honored to have Pilar Martinez, Dr. Michele Bria, Joey Crawford, Dr. Patrick Dowd and Meghann Silverthorn join our Executive Board,” said ULC President and CEO Susan Benton. “Each of these leaders brings extensive expertise, a wide breadth of knowledge and – most importantly – a deep commitment to the future of 21st-century libraries.”
Biographical information about the ULC Executive Board officers and members can be found at urbanlibraries.org.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.