“Things are Definitely Looking Up” – Update on University of Cape Town (UCT) Jagger Library Salvage Op” (Radio Interview with Ujala Satgoor, Head of UCT Libraries)
From Cape Talk 567 AM:
Ujala Satgoor, the head of UCT Libraries says approximately 75% of the archival materials salvaged from the Jagger Reading Room are “hugely recoverable” while the other 25% will need extra work and treatment.
Volunteers, staff, and students have been working on an ongoing salvage operation at the Jagger Reading Room, which was severely damaged by wildfires in April.
Satgoor says it took 17 days to clear out archival materials housed within the Jagger Reading Room basements.
The university’s officials have been using a triage tent that was erected on campus to process the materials and assess the extent of the damages thereof.
Read the Complete Text Summary and Listen to the Complete Radio Interview
See Also: Jagger Library Recovery Website
Filed under: Interviews, Libraries, News, Profiles
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.