The following article appears was published by C&RL News.
ACRL Research Planning and Review Committee
Vol 81, No 6 (2020)
This article summarizes trending topics in academic librarianship from the past two years. These highlights provide a starting point or an update, depending on one’s familiarity with the topic. Overarching themes across the profession continue to emphasize the significant amount of change our institutions are driving, managing, and navigating.
Trends Discussed in Article
- Change management: New skills for new leadership
- Evolving integrated library systems
- Learning analytics
- Machine learning and AI
- Open access: Transitions and transformations
- Research Data Services (RDS): Ethics and maturation
- Social justice, critical librarianship, and critical digital pedagogy
- Streaming media
- Student wellbeing
Direct to Full Text Article