For nearly a decade, we have followed our mission to bring open access research to the public, facilitating free unrestricted access to research for all.
We are excited to announce that we have just reached another milestone on this journey. Specifically, we have reached 20 million monthly active users for the first time. The COVID epidemic has clearly demonstrated an increased need and interest for people to access the results of science. In the era of misinformation, open access to research gives people the hope that truth and facts will prevail.
Every day the CORE team aims to deliver open access research outputs to everyone who needs them all over the world. Apart from its open access collection, CORE offers a suite of services addressed to a variety of its stakeholders, institutions, libraries, software developers, funders, so they can:
- access data across all data providers (API);
- download all of CORE data and run processes in their own infrastructure (Dataset);
- keep an always up to date copy of all CORE data in their infrastructure (FastSync);
- get suggestions on similar articles they are looking for (Recommender)
- get the assistance in finding freely accessible copies of research papers that are often behind a paywall (Discovery) and
- get valuable technical information and statistics to content they provide to increase the visibility to their research outputs (Repository Dashboard).
Read the Complete Blog Post