Open Access Research Tools: “CORE Reaches 20 Million Monthly Users”
For nearly a decade, we have followed our mission to bring open access research to the public, facilitating free unrestricted access to research for all.
We are excited to announce that we have just reached another milestone on this journey. Specifically, we have reached 20 million monthly active users for the first time. The COVID epidemic has clearly demonstrated an increased need and interest for people to access the results of science. In the era of misinformation, open access to research gives people the hope that truth and facts will prevail.
Every day the CORE team aims to deliver open access research outputs to everyone who needs them all over the world. Apart from its open access collection, CORE offers a suite of services addressed to a variety of its stakeholders, institutions, libraries, software developers, funders, so they can:
- access data across all data providers (API);
- download all of CORE data and run processes in their own infrastructure (Dataset);
- keep an always up to date copy of all CORE data in their infrastructure (FastSync);
- get suggestions on similar articles they are looking for (Recommender)
- get the assistance in finding freely accessible copies of research papers that are often behind a paywall (Discovery) and
- get valuable technical information and statistics to content they provide to increase the visibility to their research outputs (Repository Dashboard).
Read the Complete Blog Post
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.