With more than 60M adults A18+ in the U.S. now owning a smart
speaker, new research from The Smart Audio Report reveals how the
outbreak of COVID-19 and quarantine measures are disrupting routines
and shifting consumer behaviors.
…Key Findings From the Spring 2020 Report Include:
- Usage of voice commands in general has increased slightly since the
COVID-19 outbreak, with 52% of voice-assistant users saying they use voice tech several times a day or nearly every day, compared to 46% before the outbreak.
- More than two-thirds of those who use voice assistants say they ‘make their lives easier.’
- 36% of U.S. adult smart speaker owners say they are using their device more to listen to music and entertainment since the outbreak, and 52% of 18-34 year-olds say the same.
- 35% of U.S. adult smart speaker owners are listening to more news and information since the COVID-19 outbreak, and 50% of those ages 18-34 say the same.
- With 77% percent of adults in the U.S. report experiencing a change in their typical routine since April 1, the new data reveals insights for marketers, advertisers, content creators and more as they navigate these tumultuous times.
Direct to Full Text Report
55 pages; PDF.