This morning the following joint statement was sent to The Publishers Association and the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers:
Over the last week we have seen publishers, aggregators and suppliers of digital content and software come forward in offering a range of solutions to help institutions maintain their teaching and research activity during this time of crisis. On behalf of our members, we would like to thank you for providing open access to research in support of coronavirus/COVID-19 and putting in place access options that remove limitations on use and users.
We encourage all providers of digital content and software to follow this example to help our members reduce the impact on their communities and manage with reduced staff during this time of crisis.
- Association of Colleges (AoC)
- The British Library
- Procurement bodies including Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium (SUPC)
- Research Libraries UK (RLUK)
- Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL)
- Universities UK (UUK) including UUK ‘s Copyright Negotiating and Advisory Committee (CNAC)