The publishing and disability communities have in recent years embraced the EPUB format, with “born accessible” digital publications being created globally and enjoyed by consumers using a range of assistive technology.
While EPUB has rapidly been adopted by trade, academic, and scholarly publishers, access is also needed to a variety of publications produced by organizations, public institutions and even individuals. In these instances a simple and practical workflow for creating accessible and flexible materials is required.
Our new WordToEPUB tool, which was developed with support from Microsoft, is a simple and straightforward method of converting Word documents to valid and accessible EPUB files in one of three ways:
- By selecting one or more multiple files in the application
- Using the Context Menu (right click) on a Word file
- Directly from Word using the WordToEPUB Add-in on the Toolbar Ribbon
We’re delighted to launch this tool with English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch language support in the interface, and the tool itself can detect and encode content in many more languages.
Note: WordToEPUB is currently only available for
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (earlier versions may work but are untested)
- Word 2010 or newer (earlier versions may also work)
Direct to Download and Additional Info