Latest Additions/Updates (Last Updated March 30, 2020)
Reports From the Congressional Research Service
Reports From Other Legislative Research Organizations
via European Parliament Research Service
via UK House of Parliament Library
Situation Reports and Updates (Updated Daily)
- Daily Briefing on Novel Coronavirus Cases In China (via National Health Commission of the PRC)
- Daily Scan of Selected Public Health Organizations – Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) (Health Ontario)
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- KFF: COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker
- Situation Dashboard & Situation Reports (via WHO)
- Situation Reports (via Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security)
Economic Impact of Epidemics and Pandemics (via EPRS)
10 pages; PDF.
- Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS (via NAR)
- Coronavirus: The World Economy at Risk (via OECD)
Report, Slides, Video
- Economic Impact of Epidemics and Pandemics (via EPRS)
10 pages; PDF.
- Coronavirus: U.S.-China Economic Considerations (via CRS)
3 pages; PDF.
- COVID-19: Economic Development Implications (via CRS)
4 pages; PDF.
- Coronavirus Impact on Global Supply Chains (via Euromonitor)
- Policy Responses to COVID-19 From Governments Around the World (via IMF)
“This policy tracker summarizes the key economic responses governments are taking to limit the human and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as of March 24, 2020. The tracker includes G-20 economies and the European Union/Euro Area. More countries will be added soon.”
- TrendForce Presents Comprehensive Analysis of COVID-19 Outbreak’s Impact on Global High-Tech Industry
- Chinese Tech Responds to the Coronavirus (via CFR)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China Press Briefings and Statements
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV): Developments in China and International Response (via Congressional Research Service)
3 pages; PDF.
- Coronavirus: How a Misleading Map Went Global (via BBC)
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Advice for the Public: Myth Busters (via WHO)
- On Wikipedia, a Fight is Raging Over Coronavirus Disinformation (via Wired)
- WHO Says Fake Coronavirus Claims Causing ‘Infodemic’ (via BBC)
Full Text Journal Articles, Resource Centers, and Other Materials
No charge to access full text articles from publishers with paywalls.
Note: China Coronavirus: How Many Papers Have Been Published (via Nature; Jan. 31, 2020)
- Cambridge University Press
- Clarivate Analytics
- JAMA Network
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Oxford University Press
- Springer Nature
- SSRN (Preprints)
- IMF Makes Available $50 Billion to Help Address Coronavirus
- Limiting the Economic Fallout of the Coronavirus with Large Targeted Policies
Labor and Employment
- COVID-19 and World of Work: Impacts and Responses (via ILO)
15 pages; PDF. ||| Summary/News Release
- Good Jobs Institute’s Directory of “COVID-19 Worker Relief Funds, Company Actions, and Impact on Frontline Workers”
30 pages; PDF.
- U.S. Coronavirus Outbreak-Related Job Postings Triple in Last Week (via Glassdoor)
- Coronavirus Research Guide (via LLOC)
- Emergency Legal Preparedness & Wuhan Coronavirus: A Primer (via Network For Public Health Law)
32 pages; PDF.
- FALQs: India’s Government Response to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) (via Law Library of Congress)
- FALQs: Measures to Control Infectious Diseases Under Chinese Law (via Law Library of Congress)
- FALQs: Spain’s Legal Framework Applicable to the Coronavirus Explained (via Law Library of Congress)
- HIPAA Privacy and Novel Coronavirus (via HHS)
Maps, Infographics, and Visualizations
- COVID-19 Tracker From Microsoft/Bing ||| How it Works (via Business Insider)
- Coronavirus Cases in the Bay Area (via Mercury News)
- Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Spread of the Outbreak (via NY Times)
- Cornavirus Tracker (via BNO)
- Coronavirus Tracker (via KFF)
- Exploring COVID-19 Impact on Vulnerable Populations Using Infographics (via ESRI)
- Global Research Trends in Infectious Disease (via Elsevier)
4 pages; PDF.
- Latest Situation of Novel Coronavirus Infection in Hong Kong
- Mapping the Coronavirus Outbreak Across the World (via Bloomberg)
Maps and other visuals.
- Near Real-Time Map (via JHU)
- Notable Maps Visualizing COVID-19 and Surrounding Impacts
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Outbreak Map (via ERCC,ECHO, European Commission)
- Consumers Forced Indoors Spend More Time with Media (via Nielsen)
- In the ‘New Normal’ of COVID-19, Local TV News Proves to Be the Medium of Choice For News and Information (via Nielsen)
- CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Diseases, U. of Minnesota)
- Pan American Health Organization
- ProMED Mail (International Society For Infectious Diseases)
- Privacy Directory of Guidance on COVID-19 From Digital Protection Authorities From Around the World (via IAPP)
Global in scope.
- Novel Coronavirus: A New Feed (Free) From Atypon Aggregates Research Papers, Preprints, and Other Materials
- Johns Hopkins Study Finds Five-Day Median Incubation Period for New Coronavirus (via JHU)
- Research Article: Effect Of Travel Restrictions On The Spread Of The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (via Science)
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs Releases Global Humanitarian Response Plan: COVID-19 ||| News Release
- US$675 Million Needed For New Coronavirus Preparedness And Response Global Plan (via WHO)
- Rapid Expert Consultation on COVID-19 Pandemic: Social Distancing (via National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine)
- Switzerland: Government Prohibits Mass Events to Contain Spread of Coronavirus (via Law Library of Congress)
- INRIX European Metro Travel Speeds During COVID-19
- INRIX U.S. National Traffic Volume Synopsis: Issue #1 (March 14-20, 2020)
- Public Health England
- Public Health England COVID-19 Dashboard
- United Kingdom: Coronavirus Action Plan ||| HTML Version
- Update and Interim Guidance on Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (February 29, 2020)
- Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak — United States, February 24, 2020 (via MMWR/CDC)
- CDC Novel Coronavirus Digital Press Kit
- Includes links to audio and text transcripts of CDC conference calls.
- Webinar: Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)—Interim Guidance for Clinicians
CDC Posts “Framework For Mitigation”
10 pages; PDF.
and Mitigation Strategies For:
5 pages; PDF.
5 pages; PDF.
- New Rochelle, NY
5 pages; PDF.
- Santa Clara, CA
6 pages; PDF.
- Seattle, WA
7 pages; PDF.
- U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Reform Hearing (March 11, 2020): Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
- U.S. House of Rep. Hearing: U.S. Biodefense and Response to the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (March 10, 2020)
- U.S. Senate Hearing: An Emerging Disease Threat: How the U.S. Is Responding to COVID-19, the Novel Coronavirus (March 3, 2020)
- Collection of Resources for Institutes of Higher Education: Plan, Prepare, and Respond To Coronavirus Disease 2019
- FDA Takes Significant Step in Coronavirus Response Efforts, Issues Emergency Use Authorization for the First 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diagnostic (via FDA) ||| Direct to Emergency Use Authorization Documents
Department of Defense
- Coronavirus Resources and Statements
- Civilian Personnel Guidance for DOD Components in Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (via DOD)
- Department of Defense Off-Camera Press Briefing on Coronavirus Response (via U.S. DOD)
- DOD Outlines Priorities in Combating Coronavirus
- DOD: Press Briefing Investigating and Developing Vaccine Candidates Against COVID-19
- Department of Defense Issues Guidelines to Personnel on Coronavirus
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (HHS)
- HHS, Janssen Collaborate To Develop Coronavirus Therapeutics
Food & Drug Administration (Emergency Response)
- Food & Drug Administration (Emergency Response)
- FDA Issues New Policy to Help Expedite Availability of Diagnostics
USA–States (Direct to COVID-19 News/Resources)
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019‑nCoV): Strategic Preparedness And Response Plan (DRAFT)
- COVID-19 Press Conferences
- Coronavirus FAQ
- Proposal for an Official Name for 2019 Novel Coronavirus: COVID-19 Plan
- Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Transportation, Travel and Tourism
- Factbox: Airlines Suspend Flights Due to Coronavirus Outbreak (via Reuters)
- Coronavirus Update Week Ten- Single Largest Ever Capacity Reductions in One Week (via OAG)
- 55 Global Airlines Have Completely Stopped Flying Scheduled Flights Due to Travel Bans, Airspace Closures, and Low Demand For Travel (via BI)
- ICAO Council Adopts COVID-19 Declaration
- Airports Council International (ACI)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- International Civil Aeronautics Organization (ICAO)
- ICAO-WHO Publish Joint Statement On COVID-19
- Preliminary Forecasts Relating to Expected Economic Impacts From COVID-19 Travel Bans on International Air Connectivity (via International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO))
- Update on ICAO and WHO Coronavirus Recommendations
- Situation Reports and Primary Documents (Updated Daily)
Government Travel Notices and Warnings
- Australia: Dept. of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Canada: Public Health Agency
- UK: Foreign Office
- USA: CDC Travel Notices/Alerts
- USA: State Dept.
- Statements/Resources from Cruise Lines International Association
- Statements/Resources from International Maritime Organization
- Statements from World Tourism Organization ||| Resources from World Tourism Organization
More Resources to Come
Last Updated: March 30, 2020; 9:00 AM EDST