Organizations representing libraries and archives filed an amicus brief in the U.S. Supreme Court in Allen v. Cooper, a case concerning the constitutionality of a statute that seeks to limit the sovereign immunity of state governments against claims for copyright infringement. The amicus brief focuses on the negative impact the elimination of sovereign immunity would have on digital preservation.
Organizations Filing Brief
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Software Preservation Network