With the signing of the Wiley contract on 15 January 2019, the alliance project DEAL has achieved key project goals:
- to improve the provision of information to participating academic institutions by extending reading access to all the journals published by Wiley,
- the expansion of open-access publishing in the Wiley hybrid and gold open-access journals for the authors of the participating institutions.
The DEAL-Wiley contract marks not only the entry into the large-scale open-access transformation in Germany, it offers above all the scientists of participating institutions clear advantages:
- the reading access to ALL journals published by Wiley,
- the additional option of free open-access publishing in the vast majority of Wiley’s hybrid and gold open-access journals,
- increased visibility and easy reusability of publications from participating institutions in Wiley journals while preserving the rights of authors to their articles,
- no administrative burden on article-related open-access publication fees for authors, as the costs of open-access publishing are borne by the libraries of the participating institutions.
Read the Complete Blog Post