For the First Time the California Digital Library (CDL) Publishing & Special Collections Group Publicly Shares Service Roadmaps
From a CDLInfo Post by Lisa Schiff:
CDL’s Publishing & Special Collections (P&SC) Group is headed in a new direction! Our team now has publicly shared roadmaps for each of our five primary services:
- Collection Management Systems
- Online Archive of California
- Open Access Policy Implementation
These roadmaps reflect our goals and associated priorities for the current academic year and contain:
- high level enhancements and new features,
- significant maintenance tasks,
- major projects, and
- substantial areas of R&D.
We believe organizing our work in this way will bring a host of benefits, including:
- prioritizing high level tasks within the context of ongoing needs and requests;
- increasing transparency with UC library partners, administrative stakeholders, contributors, end users, and funders; and
- adjusting priorities as needed in response to important unexpected requests and opportunities.
Work on the 2019/2020 roadmaps will begin in early April.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.