SPARC Europe Publishes 2018 Annual Report
From SPARC Europe:
2018 SPARC Annual Report Highlights
- A review of our year-long efforts to keep up the pressure on EU legislators as the controversial Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market and associated amendments wound their way through the European Council and various European parliamentary committees and revision processes;
- A summary of our campaigns to influence both the European Directive on Public Sector Information, so that access to all to majority-publicly funded research is safeguarded by law, and the new European funding programme law, Horizon Europe;
- Details of how we are supporting Plan S and Coalition S;
- Progress in our plans to undertake a first-of-its-kind survey of European funding organisations;
- A look at new measures to help institutions evaluate their RDM offerings;
- A review of what amounted to an eventful year for the growing Global Sustainability Coalition for Open Science Services (SCOSS); and
- New initiatives to support Open Education development in Europe.
Direct to Full Text Report
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.