Now Available: HathiTrust 2018 Member Meeting Summary Report
The HathiTrust 2018 Member Meeting took place in Rosemont, IL on October 30, 2018.
From the Report’s Overview Section:
In October, more than 100 individuals from 89 institutions gathered outside Chicago for the annual HathiTrust Member Meeting. Attendees honored HathiTrust’s 10 years as an organization, reflected on the past year’s success in laying a meaningful path into the next decade, and together determined the highest-priority implementation steps down that path. We left the member meeting with clearer insight into the power and promise of the HathiTrust collaboration to empower, enhance, and transform library services.
In HathiTrust’s 10th anniversary year, Executive Director Michael Furlough acknowledged the progress HathiTrust has made since its inception in 2008. Looking all the way back to 2004, when Google announced its intention to digitize books with university libraries, to this year’s release of analytic services at the HathiTrust Research Center for all volumes regardless of copyright status, he reviewed the history of HathiTrust’s development and the evolution of its membership, and acknowledged the human scale of HathiTrust — how human hands have made this collection happen from the beginning.
Direct to Full Text Report
6 pages; PDF.
The report is organized into the following sections:
- 2019 Annual Budget w/ Q&A
- Membership Criteria and Fee Model Presentation w/ Q&A
- The Voice of the Membership
- Strategic Directions Table Activity
- Understanding Users: Overview
- Understanding Users: Top Priorities from Membership
- Discovery: Overview
- Discovery: Top Priorities from Membership
- Member Actions: Discovery and Understanding User
- HathiTrust Actions: Discovery and Understanding Users
Additional 2018 Member Meeting Resources
- 2018 Member Meeting Main Slides
- 2018 Member Meeting Breakfast Slides
- 2018 Table Activity Notes: Google doc
- Strategic Directions 2019-2023: Box file
- 2018 Collaborative Notes: Google doc
2018 Member Meeting Program Committee
- Heather Christenson, HathiTrust, Chair of 2018 Member Meeting Program Committee
- Eleanor Dickson, HathiTrust Research Center, University of Illinois
- Geoff Harder, University of Alberta
- Rebecca Lubas, Claremont Colleges
- Jessica Rohr, HathiTrust
- Melissa Stewart, HathiTrust
- Günter Waibel, California Digital Library
See Also: HathiTrust January 2018 Update
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.