From an Open Aire Blog Post:
The OpenUP project on “OPENing UP new methods, indicators and tools for peer review, impact measurement and dissemination of research results” held its final conference in Brussels on 5-6 September 2018. The three project topics were discussed from different aspects, including gender, thereby reflecting Responsible Research and Innovation (R I), which promotes an open and gender sensitive science ecosystem, sharing information among researchers, innovative industries and citizens.
The OpenUp Hub was built by the project with case studies, tools and services on the three project topics. The Open Peer-Review Toolbox, Innovative Dissemination Tools and Altmetrics Toolbox are all part of OpenUP Hub.
The OpenUP project formulated the following policy recommendations for open peer review, innovative dissemination and altmetrics:
1. Support demand and supply of open peer review by running pilots;
2. Creative incentives for and strengthen monitoring of innovative dissemination activities taking into account differences across disciplinary fields;
3. Increase awareness of and train researchers on altmetrics;
4. Further exploit opportunities to integrate open peer review, innovative dissemination and altmetrics in research workflows and evaluation;
5. Continue investigation on potential of open science for solving gender and diversity issues.